Decorating With a Mardi Gras Theme

I am trying to decorate my guest room in a Mardi Gras theme but I don't have any examples of a hotel room or residence. Any suggestions where to find would be greatly appreciated. I started this because of a Mardi gras poster purchased at a local antique store.

Ruth from Woodstock, IL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I would suggest using the color theme of mardi gras, purple, gold and green...see if you can find two "drama masks" smiling and frowning, if you can't find a striped shower curtain in those colors, find a solid and tape off and paint (with fabric paint) one or both of the other colors on..use tassels to tie off one side or both of the curtains, you could get really creative with this theme..use the colors in the picture/print you are using to guide for color theme!!

GO TO WWW.GOOGLE.COM RIGHT ABOVE THE SEARCH BAR WHERE YOU TYPE IN THE INFO THERE ARE SEVERAL OPTIONS. ONE OF THEM IS "IMAGES"

CHOOSE THAT OPTION AND TYPE IN "MARDI GRAS DECOR" OR NEW ORLEANS DECOR AND THIS OPTION ON GOOGLE WILL PULL UP ONLY IMAGES (PHOTOS)

JUST BE AWARE THAT MANY OF THESE ARE COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS. GOOD LUCK!

The tip about using the Mardi Gras colors is a great tip. It's just not Mardi Gras without Purple (Justice), Green (Faith) and Gold (Power). Also, you have to have the purple, green, and gold beads. There are lots of websites where you can buy Mardi Gras merchandise. Google "Mardi Gras merchandise" and you should get quite a few. Another Mardi Gras tradition is the King Cake which is to be eaten during the Lenten season. There are several bakeries that ship them. A good one is Gambino's in New Orleans. They also have bakeries in Baton Rouge and (I believe) Lafayette. But the absolute BEST is from Paul's Pastries in Mississippi. The website is www.paulspastries.com. They also have on their website some information about some of the traditions and the explanation and meaning of the King Cake, among other things.

Good Luck,

Margaret

Answer

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating ThemesNovember 8, 2006
Mardi Gras King Cake
Mardi Gras King Cake Recipes
A picture of the Eiffel Tower.
Decorating a Room With a Paris Theme
Mardi Gras Masquerade Party
Mardi Gras Masquerade Party Ideas
Feng Shui Decorating, Feng Shui Decorating
Feng Shui Decorating
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 14, 2016 at 10:47:39 AM on 10.0.0.230 in 859 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.