Growing an Easter Egg Plant

I am growing an Easter egg plant indoors and the flowers come out and fall off, but no fruit have grown. I wonder if anyone has a solution to this problem?

By Chaundra from NL, Canada

Best Answer

Hi, I have one. It has flowered several times(beautiful delicate purple flowers) but mine have never turned to fruit. I assume this is my fault, for not watering consistently. I have had it for a year and its 1-2 feet tall. My cats have also snacked on the leaves...quite a hearty plant :-) I am sure you will do better!

Best Answer

My Grandmother had these all over the house. They require lots of sun and she used to water with cold tea. The eggs eventually turn yellow and fall off. The seeds inside the overripe eggs can now be planted again. They honestly look like a real egg hanging off of a vine.

Best Answer

I have three Easter egg plants that I started in my Areo Grow. I used three seeds per pod and all three grew, yet I kept the strongest of the three and they are doing well. I have since planted one of the plants in a flower pot with soil. It too is doing well. I am waiting for warmer weather to plant all the seeds outdoor. Just don't put the plant in full sunshine, it doesn't like it.

Now I am just anxious to see the flowers grow and then the fruit. Have fun with these great plants. Karyn

How many seeds are needed to start an Easter egg plant?

By Becky

Answers:

Growing an Easter Egg Plant

Now I am just anxious to see the flowers grow and then the fruit. Have fun with these great plants.

(04/09/2010)

By Karyn01

Growing an Easter Egg Plant
I have just purchased seeds for the Easter Egg Plant. I have seen this plant once and it is very beautiful. Has anyone tried to grow this plant indoors and how did it turn out? Any tips and tricks to share about growing and the care of this beauty would be appreciated.

Karyn from Ottawa, Canada

Answers:

Growing an Easter Egg Plant

I grew a plant from my plant once, but it was weak and eventually died. I live in northern Michigan and I think it was too late in the season. Maybe you could save the seeds to restart. Also, where did you purchase your seeds? I once saw them @ Walmart, but nothing since. Thanks. (02/27/2009)

By k8

Growing an Easter Egg Plant

I have one. It has flowered several times (beautiful delicate purple flowers), but mine have never turned to fruit. I assume this is my fault, for not watering consistently. I have had it for a year and it's 1-2 feet tall. My cats have also snacked on the leaves, quite a hearty plan. I am sure you will do better. (02/27/2009)

By Starchild in VT

Growing an Easter Egg Plant

I think this is a form of eggplant. They're easy to grow (in the South where I live) outside, but I don't know about indoors. (02/27/2009)

By Nance

Growing an Easter Egg Plant

My Grandmother had these all over the house. They require lots of sun and she used to water with cold tea. The eggs eventually turn yellow and fall off. The seeds inside the overripe eggs can now be planted again. They honestly look like a real egg hanging off of a vine. (02/28/2009)

By Debbie

Growing an Easter Egg Plant

You can purchase the seeds though Burgess seeds. Yes, they are edible, and are grown outside as an annual for this. Can be grown as a house plant, but it will have to be pollinated to bear "eggs". (03/01/2009)

Growing an Easter Egg Plant

I bought my seeds at Walmart. I am also using my aero garden to grow the seeds. It has been 5 days and nothing yet, but it says 7 - 14 days to germinate. Someone mentioned lots of sun, and with the aero garden, that won't be an issue indoors. I am anxious to see these seeds grow. (03/02/2009)

By Karyn01

Growing an Easter Egg Plant

My mom has an Easter egg plant inside it now stands at over 5 feet and has lots of orange eggs on it. I sent her the seed as a joke, but guess the joke is on me. So yes they an be grown inside if you have lots of room. (03/15/2010)

By secretpotion