PoultryRecipes

What Can Be Injected In a Turkey For More Flavor?

Does anyone know what I can inject into a turkey to make it even more flavorful?

Pamsfriskd from Wichita, Kansas

You could lift the skin & place pats of butter between it and the body. That is what I do, and I think it is much better than just buttering the outside skin.

there is a combined injector with flavors ... I used this for Thanksgiving (garlic and butter) Very good

We use a mixture of apple juice, melted butter and our favorite spices.

I use the dripping from the turkey and nothing else.

you can brine--many recipes using salt and sometimes sugar, you soak the bird for 8-10 hours in ice cold water (brine) in a cold area. it really makes for a juicy bird--ive done this the last two years, also this year I poured orange juice in the pan about an inch, it was REALLY tasty

I used to work on the hot chicken counter at my local supermarket... we did 2 types of chicken, normal and "extra tasty" - I asked one day what made it extra tasty - they said its simply that they are injected with a demerara sugar solution which makes it taste better after cooking. Don't know if it'd work with Turkey as well, but I'd guess so...?

If your turkey isn't "flavorful" you are probably eating a "stuffed till it can't walk, hormone injected, antibiotic riddled, don't know what day light is" turkey. I had a free range, hormone free organic turkey last year, in 35 years I didn't know what a turkey tasted like till then! But I realize most people can't afford that, so brining works. Also, look up High temp turkeys, they cook FAST and are VERY juicy! Despite what you think, it works! And it's no work, you don't baste!

The best thing i have ever found to make a turkey juicier is a can of beer. I roast my turkey in a bag and just pour a can of beer in the cavity. I dont stuff my turkey.

I used equal parts onion juice, garlic juice and lemon juice. Very tenderizing. I blendered a white onion, bought the garlic juice, and used normal reconstituted lemon juice. I tried it at a friend's house and it made me buy an injector. The needle is big enough to make some onion pulp go through it, after I sieve out the worst of it. Happy eating!

a cajun marinade or natural fruit juices such as apple.

Food and Recipes Recipes PoultryNovember 21, 2007
making a turkey breast
Cooking a Perfect Turkey Breast
Cooking a Turkey in Your Oven, A turkey in the oven.
Cooking Ham and Turkey in the Same Oven
A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 20, 2017 at 12:40:13 PM on 10.0.0.144 in 618 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.