Inexpensive Diet Recipes

Does anyone have any diet recipes that have been successful for you and are good and inexpensive?

By Jessie from Leesburg, FL

Beans are very high in fiber. They are about the cheapest way to go. I usually cook a bag of beans (Pinto, Red, Black) about 1 time a week. I divide them up in snack size bags and freeze. Then I will eat a bag at least twice a day. Beans are very filling, and when you pay attention to the other foods you eat they will help you lose weight due to being high in fiber and low in calories. The way to not have gas is to add a bag of beans to water and bring to a boil, turn off and let sit for 20 min or so. Drain the water off and add clean fresh water and cook until tender. I usually do not season mine, I save the seasoning until I'm ready to eat.

The key to losing weight is not only the food you eat, it's the size of the portions you consume. For instance, when most people eat pasta, they pile the plate full of the pasta and follow that up with a couple of slices of garlic bread and maybe a small salad, but the serving size of pasta is actually 1/2 to 1/3 of a cup (or the size of a tennis ball). The garlic bread should be eliminated or replaced with a whole grain substitute, and the salad should be a lot larger, but be sure to read the serving size of the salad dressing you use. If you learn to read the labels on the foods you eat and follow the food pyramid, which tells you how many fruits, veggies, grains, etc. you need every day, plus increase you activity, you should begin to lose weight and become healthier. Also eliminate soda from your diet. Even calorie-free soda can cause weight gain.

Another thing to keep in mind is to eat a small healthy meal every couple of hours because your body metabolizes much more efficiently doing that. Follow the rule of thumb to not eat more food in one sitting than will fit in 'your' cupped hand. Also, don't forget your eight a day of water and it's best to drink a little at a time throughout the day rather than down each one quickly.

Do a little research to find out how many calories your height and bone structure needs to be healthy. If you stick to those calories with 'healthy foods' and 'exercise' you will be amazed how quickly you'll see changes and how much better you'll feel.

I came across this link that has a few meal recipes and are 300 calories per meal. It also has some weight loss tips.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipes/healthydiet/

There are lots of yummy looking healthy recipes under 350 calories here and even the ones more than 350 calories show just how many and other nutritional values (keep scrolling down and you'll be amazed just how many):

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/healthy_diet_recipes

Hope this has been helpful :-)

My best diet meal is to season a fish filet (orange roughy, mahi mahi, or wild Alaskan salmon are favorites) with Adobo seasoning and Garam Masala and grill on my George Foreman grill. I have steam in the bag veggies on the side. This is a quick healthy meal for the career person. The best diet advice I have received is buy the best food but in small amounts. I know this may not work if you have a big family to feed, but if you are single it actually saves money- no waste, and is great for health and nutrition. I also avoid flour, sugar and saturated fat, but there is no food that is entirely off limits. I eat mostly whole and sprouted grains, fruits and veggies, and a little meat, cheese, soy products, and eggs. And never give up coffee, tea, or dark chocolate. Instead of sugary tart juices, I prefer fresh carrot juice. I adore it, but it isn't for everyone!

Nuts in small amounts are great too. Almonds are filling and very good for you. In between meals, simple snacks are best: a piece of fruit or a handful of almonds or string cheese. I am also avoiding foods with ingredients my great-grandparents would not have recognized.

Another great piece of diet advice: wait to feel full. Tell yourself after eating that you will wait 15 minutes and if you are still hungry you will have something more. It takes time for food to get down to the stomach. Waiting means less overeating and bloating/weight gain.

Food and Recipes Recipes DietingMay 12, 2010
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
Adding Raw Food To Your Diet
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
A box of Goldfish pretzels snacks.
Saving Money on Diet Snacks
🎄
🍂