Facial Scrub/Mask From Things On Hand

My friend and I were messing around; pretty much sticking everything we had ever heard was good for facial masks in a blender and whipping it up. we actually came up with a really nice one! it feels really good.

• 1 banana
  • 1 cup corn meal
  • 1 8th cup of fat free milk
  • 2 bags of chamomile tea (we used caffeine free just cus I've heard that caffeine makes your skin produce a lot of oil. I'm not sure it really matters. I'm just overly cautious :)
  • 2 eggs (just the whites)
  • 1 half cup of oatmeal (raw)
  • Optional: 1 or 2 drops of lavender oil. Makes it smell good, but remember, keep it to a minimum. Your face can only take so much oil.

Like I said, we just stuck it all in a blender. Whip it until it makes a thick paste. If it's too dry, add more milk. Too wet, more cornmeal. Remember to take the tea out of the tea bags. You just want the leafy bits. The first time around, my friend just stuck the whole bag in. : p That made for an interesting mask.

Splash some hot water on your face to open up your pores before you start. Use it as a scrub at first. Make circles on your face with your fingertips with it. Once you've given your face a good scrub, pat on more in an even layer to make a mask of it. Don't leave it on for more than 15 minutes. (I've never left it on that long so I dont really know what would happen. You can be brave and daring and try if you feel so inclined). Wash it off with warm-hot water.

This makes enough for about 5 facials. Perfect for a girl party, or hey, even a guy party. Hope you enjoy it!

By Melanie from Wenatchee, Washington

ill have to give that a try sounds good...

Ya that works great.

Actually essential oils are not actually oils if they real. But you are correct that they should be used sparingly for they are very strong

I just wanted to bust that common myth :)

If it's good for five facials, how long will it actually keep - do you store it in the refrigerator? I think it might be a better idea to divide the recipe quantities and make it fresh each time.

A woman applying a face mask at home.
Homemade Facial Mask Recipes
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes FaceNovember 14, 2007
pink satin sleep mask
Homemade Sleeping Mask
Woman with facial mask and cukes on eyes.
Homemade Facial Cleanser Recipes
Homemade powered scrub brush.
Making a Powered Scrub Brush
Anti-Wrinkle Mask Recipes
Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Mask Recipes