Sunrise in the Pacific Northwest

I snapped this picture this morning in the Southeast corner of my backyard. These are the short days here in the Pacific Northwest where sunrise and sunset both happen during the workday. Dark when you leave for work, dark when you get home.

The trees are huge Douglas Fir trees (with a tiny volunteer madrona) that are all around my neighborhood and in my yard. Christmas trees grow like weeds around here.

In compensation for the short days at this time of year, we get very long days in the summer.

Susan from ThriftyFun
Port Orchard, Washington

Sunrise in the Pacific Northwest

Beautiful! My best friend and uncle live on Whidbey, I have several family members in Bellingham and some in Seattle. I LOVE that area but it's been a long time since I've visited. I live in Northern CA so we have similar trees, but no sunsets like that!!!!

That is a beautiful scene! I live in Georgia, so sunrises are very brilliant and sunsets look more like your sunrises. Isn't nature just wonderful?!

Wow what a beautiful site that is. You are lucky to have that in your backyard. Mostly what i have is a garage and a house. It would make a wonderful postcard. LOL..yes, i collect them. I seem to see things as postcards. I sure Thank you for sharing that.

Photos SceneryDecember 8, 2006
Frangipani Tree with pink blossoms.
Pruning a Frangipani Tree
Two ripe figs hanging on branch.
Growing Figs
🎄