Stains on Leather or Suede

How do I get stains out of a suede leather jacket?

Cindy from Laurel, MD

I accidently left the cap off a Sharpie and it ran onto a brown suede jacket . There is a green stain on the front now. I tried hairspray, which got out a lot of green onto paper towels, but the stain is still there.

I accidently spilled some coffee on my leather jacket. I'd like to know how to get the stain off. Mind you, it's a pretty big stain :(. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

I used rubbing alcohol and non-acetone fingernail polish on a white leather wallet and the ink stain was still there. I tried denatured alcohol and it worked great but be careful that it does not take the sheen off. Other people say that vaseline or Mr. Clean Magic Eraser worked for them. Best of luck.

Oh my gosh! I know it sounds funny, but I put huggies baby wipes on my sharpie stain on my brown suede couch and it came off. Try it!

I wore my suede slippers into the snow and now there is a white ring around them. Tried rubbing with washcloth and water. Help?

December 19, 2005 Flag

If you have stains on a leather or suede garment all you have to do is use a little club soda to take them out. Just use the club soda and an old toothbrush, rubbing the stain well. You can use a suede brush after the stain is gone to return the flattened nap on the suede to its original condition.

By Robin

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsDecember 19, 2005
blue suede shoes
Dyeing Suede Shoes
Suede Jacket
Cleaning Stains on Suede Clothing
Suede Boots
Cleaning Suede Boots
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather