Kitchen With Oak Cabinets

I have light sky blue countertops, honey oak cabinets, and light beige colored tile. I have a neutral/beigey colored wallpaper, it's textured and is very decent. There had been fruity paper below it and I took it off, so I was thinking of doing a coco colored wall with a chair rail.

I also have a color block rug under my table with different colors in it. But I am wondering if I take down the paper, what color to paint the walls. I also am looking to purchase a new kitchen table, what color would look best with each decor? Would a black one be OK, or one with a oak top and black legs? Help.

By Laura from B Branch, AR

How old are your kitchen table and chairs? The condition of it looks great, if I were you I wouldn't buy a new one. The furniture that they are making now is junk.

Your kitchen floor looks identical to the one that we had installed before we sold our 3-bedroom house.

If you must have a rug under your table it should be a bit larger. At least where the legs of the chairs sit on it. All the wood seems to match. I wouldn't change that. The black top table sounds nice too, but it will show all the stains and food "drippings"! from experience.

I have basically the same cabinets. I went with it instead of against it. I bought a "peanut butter like" color for the walls, and 2 shades lighter for the trim. Wal-Mart brand "Harvest Spice" #94191 for the walls and "Praline" # 93191 for the trim. I used a "forest" theme for my decorating items. Since you have a blue counter top you could use blue decorating items.

I think that would look nice in your kitchen, plus these colors hide dirt better than white. Good Luck!

March 23, 2010 Flag

I have just bought a house and the kitchen has oak cabinets with a beige counter top and light blue tiles on the floor. The walls are a navy blue, but I find it too dark, and would like to go more towards a warmer color. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Janelle from Waterville, QC

Kitchen With Oak Cabinets

An apricot or peachy shade would tie all those colors together. (09/05/2007)

By Joan

Kitchen With Oak Cabinets

Do you know how to sponge paint? It's very easy. Cover the dark blue with a few coats of a light blue like the floor tiles, and then sponge paint with a light beige and a little of the light blue. Sponge painting really looks great. The oak cabinets are the best feature and I think the lighter color paint will really make them stand out and look very nice. Just a thought. (09/06/2007)

By Amy

Kitchen With Oak Cabinets

I would use a very light blue to tie the walls and floor together. Either that or a creamy beige that would go with the counter tops. (09/08/2007)

By Mythi

Paint chips on a kitchen blueprint.
Kitchen Paint Color Advice
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceMarch 23, 2010
White kitchen with right green painted backsplash
Adding Color to My Kitchen Walls
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets