Removing Skin Oil from a Dashboard

The interior door handles as well as the dashboard of my car are dirty from oil on my skin. What can I use that is inexpensive to clean these areas and keep them clean, at least for a while?

Sharon from Newark, CA

Microfiber clothes are great for this. Either use just water or a little white vinegar to help with the oil.

Have you tried plain soap and water and a scrub brush?

I usually spray with Fantastic or Windex (store brands are good) and wipe off. If the vinyl is textured, it helps to spray the cleaner on, then brush with an old toothbrush. This gets into the crevices. Repeat if necessary.

Believe it or not, hand sanitizer works wonders for cleaning the inside of the car. I use it all the time on so many surfaces.I use it on glass, my appliances. It removes ink. I shines up chrome. I use hand sanitizing wipes on my steering wheel in the car and my dash. ~Janette~

Consumer Advice Cars Cleaning InteriorJanuary 21, 2009
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
old dashboard
Fixing a Cracked Dashboard
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway