Untangle a Gold Chain

Can anyone tell me how to untangle a gold chain?

Best Answer

Just put a few drops of oil on the chain. Then work it in gently and it will loosen the knot and you will be able to untangle. This has worked for me many times.

Thanks!

In less than 10 minutes 3 kinks were gone

It takes a very patient person! lol My husband can untangle anything patiently. Even yarn when I have dropped and it rolled across the room. I have no patients. A magnified glass may help with the chain.

The easiest way I've found is lay the chain on a light colored surface and use small straight pins. You can fit the points into the tiny links and unknot with relative ease.

Thanks nmcl, your trick worked like a charm. I am very grateful.

AHhh! this is something I love to do! I use a sewing needle. Make sure you have good lighting and a magifier wouldn't hurt. I would try the oil as well. Good luck

Thank you all! You all just saved my christening gift. This baby necklace was a mess. Thankfully had all your above mentioned tools and it worked like a charm. Once the pesky knot in question is untangled, it's home free! Thanks again.

I came to this site when I found the very fine chain on a pendant I purchased as a Christmas gift was very tangled. It had been packed with the chain dropped into a small plastic bag. I tried the oil for about 2 hours with no luck. Then decided to try soap. I put a small amount of dish soap on it but the soap was rather thick. I took a small bowl of water to the table and had the chain untangled within 15 minutes. I also prefer the smell of soap to the smell of oil on a gift I am giving. Hope this helps someone.

I came to this site whe I found the very fine chain on a pendant I purchased as a Christmas Gift was tangled. I tried the oil for about 2 hours with no success. Then I decided to try soap. I put a drop of dish soap on the chain but it was very thick. I then took a bowl of water to the table to work the soap into the chain and had it untangled within 15 minutes. I then taped the chain to a small strip of paper towel and rolleld it up before putting it back into the box. Hope this may help someone else.

Well, I had a Saint Christopher necklace which had the finest golden chain I had ever seen.

I rubbed the tiny knot between my finger and thumb to enlarge it.

I unwound the top of a pen spring and threaded it into the knot's center.

After some small tugs and double threads it was free!

Getting Knots Out of a Gold Chain
Getting Knots Out of a Gold Chain
Home and Garden Repair Other JewelryDecember 7, 2006
wisteria on chainlink fence
Dressing up a Chain Link Fence
Crochet a Chain Stitch
How to Crochet a Chain Stitch
A shiny pile of gold chains, rings and other jewelry
Cleaning Gold Jewelry
Cash for Gold
Selling Gold Jewelry For Cash
🎉
🎄