Foil To Prevent Pet Accidents

We had a problem with one of our cats pooping around the litter box, but not in it. In fact, she really liked the bathroom rug. Our vet recommended we lay down foil in the places she was pooping, because they don't like the feel of foil on their paws. Well, we covered the entire space where she was going except for the litter box and a small path to it. It worked like a charm. Kept at it for a while, then slowly started removing the foil. If she started back to her little habit, we put the foil right back. This took a while, but Ms. Kitty finally got the message!

By Sarah from Hixson, TN

WOW!! I haven't heard of this!! Now...I have one question before I try this....do you put the shiny side down...or up?? LOL I sure hope my cat learns from this! Thank you!!

I'm wondering if the foil should be flat or somewhat wrinkled?

Tried this... more than once. Didn't work with my cats. One of them is always peeing on my island counter and I tried putting foil down. In fact I did it 3 different times...1 shiny up; 1 shiny down; 1 with foil all wrinkly. All I did was waste foil!

Litter Box Training a Cat, Tabby in litter box.
Litter Box Training a Cat
Pets TrainingFebruary 15, 2007
pan lined with foil
Lining a Pan With Aluminum Foil
Southwestern Chicken Breasts
Foil Packet Recipes
roll of foil
Using Aluminum Foil and Plastic Wrap Correctly
Aluminum Foil
Uses for Aluminum Foil
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 23, 2016 at 3:11:31 PM on 10.0.0.235 in 949 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.