Scissor Sharpener

I use a scissor sharpener that you can buy in any fabric store and even at Walmart. Mine is made by Fiskar. I keep this by my sewing machine and use it periodically to sharpen all my scissors. It is very inexpensive. I think mine was around $6, but maybe they are a bit higher now. You just insert your scissors and work your scissors like you are cutting. There are sharpeners inside that do a very good job. It is especially nice if you are a sewer. If you do this on a regular basis, it eliminates taking them to a fabric store to have them sharpened professionally.

By Elaine from Belle Plaine, IA

Man's hands sharpening scissors on grinding wheel.
Sharpening Scissors
Guide
Sewing Needle
Making a Homemade Sewing Needle Sharpener
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 1:29:13 PM on 10.0.0.148 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.