Mummy Pumpkins

A cute craft for Halloween, this pumpkin craft requires no carving and is appropriate for all ages. Very quick and easy to make.

• pumpkin
  • cheesecloth
  • googly eyes or homemade
  • glue

I could not believe how easy these pumpkins were to make for a cute Halloween effect. We made our little mummy pumpkin family in no time.

1. First, set your pumpkin up to work on it.
  2. Next, take a piece of cheesecloth and wrap around the pumpkin. The cloth will stick to itself, so no need to glue here.
  3. Next, glue on googly eyes. I did not have the large googly eyes, so we made our own.
    I used the rings from juice container lids and cut off the ring part in the back. Then I used a paint pen to add pupils, and these eyes were better sized for the pumpkins and worked well.

Once Halloween is over, you can remove the cheesecloth and still have fresh uncarved pumpkins for the rest of Fall and Thanksgiving.

By Jayme from Harrisonburg, VA

how cute they are! love the idea! Thanks :-)

really cute & wise too !

You aren't cutting it so there is no waste so you have a lot of pumpkin to work with for pumkin treats or pies or whatever !

way to go !

Oh, I like those! That way I can get the good pie type pumpkins and still have them to play with! That's one of those Halloween things that is fun, not gross. Thanks!

Your idea is the cutest thing! The kiddos don't have to use a knife, there is no mess, no candles to light, no pumpkin mess to clean up when Halloween is over! No waste either! And if those PIE Pumpkins were used, you could still use them for all of your holiday recipes! What great Idea!

These are so cute! Love the idea!

Mummy Pumpkins
Making Mummy Pumpkins
Crafts Halloween DecorationsOctober 13, 2008
Fall decoration with pumpkins, gourds, and Indian corn.
Decorating with Pumpkins
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making Mummy Cupcakes
Baby mummy suasage appetizers.
Baby Mummy Sausage Recipes
painted pumpkins
Decorating Pumpkins Without Carving Them