Gift Basket Idea for First Apartment

When my brother graduated from college and got his first apartment, I tried to think of something that he could really use, and wouldn't get for himself. I thought back to when I got my first place, and then I had it! The perfect gift!

I bought a large laundry basket for him, and filled it with the things he'd never think of ahead of time; paper towels, Comet, Windex, dish soap, Handi-wipes, sponges ...you get the idea. All the cleaning products you don't know to get in your first place, or have the money for either. I tied a huge red bow on the front of the basket, and gave him the entire thing. He still talks about it all these years later and he has done it for friends of his now too.

By Chris M from Oshkosh, WI

Don't forget a big bundle of Micro fiber cloths found in the auto department (at wallyworld and target, although wallyworld is cheaper), those are awesome for everything from taking off makeup (not that your brother would) to dusting and cleaning mirrors! Love the idea!

i love it ! That's a really great idea!

those little items we would otherwise think of at the last minute or have to run across town for (as high as gas is)

flyswatter/batteries/strike anywhere matches/...

end of season close out on candles is a great time for me to stock up on assorted candles - mostly I use votives but a good sale is too hard to pass up.

Nice story! I read it twice.

AG

Young woman sitting next to moving boxes.
First Apartment Gift Basket Ideas
Holidays and Parties Gifts BasketsDecember 15, 2007
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
An street with an "Apartment For Rent" sign.
Renting an Apartment
A gift basket for guests at a wedding.
Gift Basket Ideas for Wedding Guests
🎄