Save Extra Fast Food Napkins

When eating out at fast food restaurants, we are usually given too many napkins that end up in the trash. Now we fold them up and take them with us. They end up in the car for kid clean up, in the purse for emergencies, on the vanity for makeup removal, in the kitchen as a substitute for paper towels or on the table as - surprise - napkins. I'm sure you can come up with lots of places to use these leftover napkins. We never let them go to waste.

Source: We have been doing this for several years now.

By marchall from San Juan, Puerto Rico

They make good tissues also.

I also save the plastic silverware from the Chinese restaurant or anywhere else that gives them. They come in handy at picnic time and to throw into lunches.

If you get small packets of ketchup, mustard or mayo save them for picnics.

Me too, I save napkins, havent bought paper towels in forever, I save every condiment that comes extra, plastic silverware. My husband thought it was a great idea to save napkins in the house but not in the car, till he had to use them, lol. Now they get used to wipe a foggy windshield, oil of the dipstick instead of one of my good towels, soak up the soda he didnt put the cap back on.

My kids used to think I was crazy for saving the napkins and condiments, till we would stop somewhere to use the restroom and there was no paper or, a convience store would not carry a condiment they would want. My Daughters now do the same thing and my Son knows not to leave extras behind.

I thought I was the only one who used the spare napkins! I always put them into the glovebox of my car for future use. Have been doing this since my children were small. They are grownups now. They have surely come in handy throughout the years too!

I do this too! Usually I just leave them in the mini van as they come in the most handy when out and about. I usually put a few in my purse too. Sometimes if I'm given too many or just take too many when dining in, I'll leave on the table for the next person who may need them.

I do this same thing. Comes in handy for taking with you for lunches at work/school.