Homemade Fly Repellent

I want to make my own fly repellent. Please help me. Thank you.

By Teboho from The Great Republic of South Africa

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Believe it or not, this really works! Fill a zip lock bag halfway with water. Run a wire clothes hanger through one end at the top and hang it in the room where you need it. We have used this many times out on the deck. The flies will not come near you. Don' t know why it works, it just does.

Juice from a fresh lemon actually repels most flying insects. I live in Florida, where the state bird is either the mosquito or little biting bugs called no-see'ems. Because of health issues and allergies, I have had a lot of difficulty with insect repellents. I am allergic to most of the chemicals (which I don't like using), but I am also allergic to most insect bites. Mosquitoes are attracted to female hormones so makes it difficult to go out of the house. However, I have made a repellent that works 100% for me, and is 100% natural. When we walk the dogs in the evening, I cut a small section from a fresh lemon, dab behind ears, shoulders, elbows, etc. I have not had an insect bite since April of this year. Also softens the skin. And I use it on my grandchildren with 100% success.

Answer

A close up of a black house fly.
Fly Repellent Recipes
Home and Garden Pest Control FliesNovember 3, 2010
Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Close up of housefly on white background
Homemade Fly Traps
Fly paper strips hanging by clothes pins.
Making Fly Paper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 4:05:34 PM on 10.0.1.236 in 638 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.