Cheap Outdoor Holiday Decorations? - Categories:

OutdoorDecorations

Cheap Outdoor Holiday Decorations?

How can I decorate the outside of my home on a limited amount of money?

Jazzlyn

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Go to the Dollar Store. They usually have lots of stuff. Dont forget the yard sales during the warmer months as people tend to get rid of lots of Christmas stuff.

Buy some white PVC pipe and cut into 3 foot lengths (may have to use white paint to touch up the printed sides of the pipe) then use red duck tape or red electrical tape to put the red swirl on your new candy cane sticks. Can line your driveway or walkway with these, and connect them with Christmas lights.

Also to make durable outdoor garland I've used white trashbags. I took a trashbag and refolded it so I could cut strips out of them about 2' wide then use the strips to make garland that sort of looked like a very long Hawaiian leigh, with needle and and a sturdy string or dental floss.

To decorate an outdoor tree we saved the silver circle ends from our frozen OJ these can be painted or left silver and added to tree with red bows by punching a hole in the top.

We've cut stars out of cardboad and covered them in tinfoil.

My daughter thought I was the coolest mom for all the above ideas...

Hope this helps get the ideas going, just be creative and have fun:)

You can decorate any door with a roll of wrapping paper. Cover the entire door with the roll of paper, add wide ribbon and a large bow, and the door will look like a large Christmas present!

To cover your front door use the vinyl table cloth cover that you buy off the roll. It withstands the wet weather, wrapping paper does not.

I nice large red check looks fantastic... I also covered my window boxes with it as well (using thumb tacks to secure it on the inside of the boxes).

Have fun!

I love to decorate for the holidays, but I don't like to spend much money. I have a wooden wheel-barrow that my uncle made for me out of scrap wood. Then I took scrap pieces of wood and wraped them in bright colored foil that goes on doors and placed them in the wheel barrow and put it on my porch. All the neighbors thought it was cute.

You can glue together foam paper plates and paint red stripes on them to resemble a peppermint. Then wrap them in plastic wrap, tie the ends. You can hang them from a tree limb, make a garland or put them on dowel rods and put them in the ground.

Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations OutdoorNovember 19, 2004
Spooky Halloween Ghosts Outside
Outdoor Halloween Decorations
Outdoor Wire Reindeer
Reusing Outdoor Wire Christmas Decorations
Cheap Date Ideas, Young Couple in the Park
Cheap Date Ideas
outdoor pumpkin decoration
Outdoor Fall Decorations
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 4:45:12 AM on 10.0.2.28 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.