Browsing: Homemade Hair Gel Recipes

Homemade Hair Gel

To make a homemade hair gel, dissolve 1 tsp. plain gelatin in warm water. Mix it very well, then keep it in the refrigerator in a small closed container. To use, smear it in your hair. It is pure protein and washes out easily.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

How much water do you use?

Hmm... I hadn't noticed Fossil hadn't said how much water. I can only guess, a cup? In any case, since the gelatin is "pure protein," it would be way better for your hair than anything on the market except maybe Mane and Tail.

I do this! I use about 1 1/2 teaspoons plain gelatin in 1/2 cup of water; that makes a pretty strong gel. Sprinkle the gelatin on the cold water; let it sit a minute. Then, microwave (less than a minute), until it starts to boil. Watch carefully, since it will bubble up out of the container.

I add about 6-8 drops of tea tree oil (as a preservative), and keep it in the refrigerator in a squeeze bottle with a nozzle top. I microwave it 15-23 seconds, depending on how much is in the bottle, then, squeeze some in my hands and work through my hair. You'll need to experiment with how much is right for your hair. Love this stuff!

Hand Scooping Out Homemade Hair Gel
Homemade Hair Gel Recipes
Crafts Bath & BeautyMarch 23, 2011
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 4:20:35 AM on 10.0.0.77 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.