How Do I Clear a Cloudy Swimming Pool?

My swimming pool is cloudy. What do I do?

By kimnwill88

How to Clean a Cloudy Pool

the pool water polluted and cloudy. Follow these steps to clean and maintain the water in your pool.

ModerateInstructionsThings You'll Need:

Mesh pole

Pool vacuum

PH indicator device

Water purifying chemicals

Step 1Diagnose the problem that is causing the pool water to become cloudy. If covered, remove the pool cover. Expose the pool to sunlight as it is a natural sanitizer and helps kill germs and avoid algae build up.

Step 2Run the filter for a few hours or and clean any debris floating on the surface of the water with a mesh pole. Remove algae growth from the base of the pool with a pool vacuum.

Step 3Test the PH of the pool water. A high PH increases acidity and causes the water to become hard. It also promotes cloudiness and bacterial growth in the pool. Let the pool filter continue to run for at least 12 hours or until the pool seems clean. Test the PH again--it usually comes out normal after the pool has been properly sanitized.

Step 4Add a water purifying chemical to the water to get rid of the remaining cloudiness in the pool. Follow the manufacturer recommendations. Test the PH again. If the cloudiness remains, continue running the filter. Use chemicals in the pool water every four to six weeks.a pool supply place can help you,

good luck.

Take a sample of your pool water in a clean container to your local pool supplier. They will test and give you specific instructions to clear your pool and can sell you any supplies you need to do the job. Much easier than guessing!

I added algaecide to my pool yesterday, but I must have put too much in because now the water is cloudy! Sorry I can't help you with a solution, but maybe this will give you an idea of why yours is cloudy. Hopefully we can both get this problem solved!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Pools and Hot TubsJune 5, 2010
Cloudy water in an above ground pool.
Cloudy Water in an Above Ground Pool
Boy in Life-vest in Swimming Pool
Swimming Pool Safety Tips
Girl with Long Hair in Swimming Pool
Preventing Damaged Hair From Swimming Pools
Lanscaping around a swimming pool.
Landscaping Around Swimming Pools