Resolving a Consumer Complaint

When trying to resolve an issue, always ask for the name of the person you are talking to in trying to resolve your issue; if not satisfied do this:

Call your local library and ask for "Business Dept." for the name and address of the CEO (or President, COO, CFO, WHATEVER) and any Sr. V.P. of the Company in question. Type a letter to both individuals (and include the name of the local person who did not care to satisfy your dilemma) and explain the problem. 99 of 100 times, you WILL get a satisfactory reply...

By Cajun62234 from Collinsville, IL

Thanks for the nudge. I have to write a couple of letters - recently the telephone company dumped a ton (literally) of snow in my back yard so they could dig up their easement across the street. I called and called them, and was repeatedly told they wouldn't do that. I finally called my state senator because the state regulates telephone and utility companies. It took his assistant one phone call to find out that the phone co. did it, and the next morning the snow was gone. But I still want to write those letters, to have my say.

I than you for your post & information!

Here's another site that's informative & useful. You post your complaints for the world to read. This can really help someone, especially if you end up with a dentist (like we did) that can't speak English & doesn't wash her hands or wear gloves or a mask & works mostly with poor children. (with little recourse) If you post things like this, then others can look them up & decide IF they want to do business with people like this. I especially like the way they'll send a matching letter to the company you're writing about IF you want them to.

You can search for any company to see if someone has written about them.

I have found this to be very useful in resolving problems. Recently I had an ongoing problem with my new telephony company and spent hours waiting on hold and speaking to numerous people who told me they would investigate and call me back but never did. I finally went to their site on the I-Net and found the CEO of the company and did just what you did and lo' and behold, the CEO actually called me himself and asked me to explain in detail my problem. Thank goodness I kept accurate records of everyone I had spoken to and the dates and times. He investigated and my problem was resolved that week! lisingreece

Making a Consumer Complaint
Consumer Advice Tips for ConsumersApril 1, 2008
attendant and customer at a dry cleaners
Resolving a Dispute with a Dry Cleaner
Car Air Conditioner
Smell Coming From a Car Air Conditioner
A girl with a broken arm.
Hand Washing With a Broken Arm
Dingy Clothing on a Clothing Line
Solutions for Dingy Clothing