"My Squash Runneth Over"

I promise, even someone who eats nothing green, orange or yellow will eat this, and it's simple and cheap.

Ingredients

• 7 or 8 yellow squash (or zucchini)
  • Ad
  • a box or bag of any kind of dressing, made to package directions
  • a roll of the loose sausage, browned and drained
  • a block of your favorite cheese shredded, cheddar sharp is good

Directions

Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out most of the flesh. Mix the scooped out squash, the prepared dressing, a little extra butter, a little salt and pepper and minced dried onion and parsley, if you like. Scoop the mixture back into the squash shell, top with grated cheese. Put in a pan with a tiny bit of water, to keep squash from getting dry. Cook at 350 degrees F for maybe 20 minutes. I like to wait until it's almost done to put the cheese on. Delicious and a good way to put that bumper crop to use!

By Dee from Marianna, FL

Does the sausage also get mixed into the squash/dressing mixture? The directions don't say. This sounds very good, and I plan to try it during the zucchini deluge.

Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesJune 9, 2008
🎄
🍂