Jar MixesGifts

Cheaters Brownie Bags - Easy Gift Idea!

Kelly McCausey
Category Jar Mixes

Do you know how everyone is making those fun "brownies in a jar" gifts? Well they're great! But I can do you one better! The next time that the grocery store puts a good brownie mix on sale, grab a bundle of a special flavor, like peanut butter cup or caramel nut.

Have the kids decorate some plain brown paper bags as a craft project. On your computer or by hand, create a slip with baking instructions (taken right from the box!)

Transfer the brownie mix from the box to your own plastic bag and seal carefully. Place in the bag with the instructions and turn the edge over a few times. Use a hole punch to create two holes about an inch apart and run a piece of ribbon through and tie it.

You'll have a fun 'homemade' gift and you didn't have to do any measuring!

About The Author: This Cheat was thought up by Kelly McCausey during a recent grocery shopping trip. Find other fun gift, cooking and craft ideas at the Mom's Radio Network. http://www.momsradionetwork.com

Kelly, this was a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

I think these would make really cute wedding favours!........Got me thinking now!

Thank you!

i dont use or like cake mixes. i dont like the thought of it.

I think it's cheating, in every sense of the word. You're cheating the company that makes the brownies out of the recognition or word of mouth that they deserve, and you're cheating friends into thinking you went through the time and effort to give them something created in your kitchen, without preservatives, etc..

I think it is a great idea and I will definitely use it in the future!! Moms with little kids like myself don't have all the time in the world so little short-cuts like thise are GREAT!!!

i like it/...and if I got one I wouldn't care if it were store bought.I'd commend them for being crafty and frugal which eveyone should be