Dark Colored Shih Tzu

I am wondering if anyone else has a Shih Tzu in this color?

CHEWIE from New Brunswick, Canada

Yes, I have one that is very close to that, has a little white, though. Aren't they just adorable. I have a Bichon Frise also, looks kind of like a poodle.

No, I've never seen one this color - he/she is beautiful, tho. My sister has a black/white male and his brown daughter, tho. They are precious children!

I have a friend with one this color. He (BamBam) is a sweetie!

I had one who was completely black when young and as he became older turned the color of yours. I rescue Shih Tzus who have been abused or have major health problems. Have 6 right now! JoanDogs

I had to peek what a pretty pup! I had never seen

one this color and I think it is so much prettier than the white ones.

What a beautiful dog!

thanks everyone, they are the most lovable dogs!

thanks for the comments he is a very lovable dog!!

We have one similar to this

E-mail me and I will send you a pic.

connie AT nbnet.nb.ca

Hi, I have a shih tzu x toy poodle that is all black with a flash of white on chest and beard. She was bread with a caramel shitzu and the puppy is mixed black and tan. We called him Chewie also as he reminded us of Chewie in Star Wars. We love our Mum/baby Bindi and the pups are so hard to part with. We'd keep them all....

i have a shi-poo that is mostly black, with a bit of white on his chest and one white paw. he's the best! when i take him for his haircuts, his back becomes

more of a silvery gray...

benny is now 2 years old, and my best friend in the whole world...these dogs make the best friends, don't you agree?

I would like to introduce Miss Akemi. She is 4 months old and the center of my world.

As so cute..I'm looking one..a tiny one to keep me company

heres a pic of my shihtzu. he's dark as you can see but has white tip of tail and 4 white socks. he's gorgeous.

Hi,

I'm Laura from Lake Charles, Louisiana. I have one just like that. Absolutely adorable!!!

I couldn't resist posting a picture of my Beautiful Boy Shih-tzu, Chappers, I keep them trimmed as they like it so much better and they are gorgeous this way, only problem is, I've had several people try to steal them when I have taken them out , So now They stay at home or are never left unattended while in our vehical, not for a second, Locked doors or not people still try to steal them, It's terrible! anyways here's one of my adorable Babies

I was wondering if it normal for Shih Tzus to change colors. When we got Brookln "Brooke" he was all black with white paws and a white chest. Now he is sort of brown on the bottom and kind of charcoal with white still. is that normal?

I have a white with blue eyes and a white a liver with one blue and one green eye!

I got them from the puppyfinder website,they were flown to me.My little Mindy -the one with the ball- died last year-her kidneys stopped working-I have a particolor peke- Nikke and a gold and white one eyeliner shih.

If you want to visit the website petshed- you can buy revolution for a very economical price- 6 pack for 65 sounds good to you?

It sure is, specially if you have as many babies as I do!

Shih puppies always get lighter.If they have very dark spots- it's better not to shave them or the color dilutes-my baby Lolita-bought from puppyfinder:

Hi I am a shih-tzu breeder and it is very normal for them to change colors. All of mine are either gold and white,red and white, brindle and white, and black and white.

Shih Tzu's can change color till the day they pass on, some more so then others. Also shih tzus eyes can only be blue if their points are blue lips,eye rims, nose and pads. Liver shihtzus have yellow/green eyes. A liver nosed shihtzu will never have a black hair on their body. I have blues ,livers and standard colored shihtzus. My brindle and white is going to be 3 years old and she was a gold/red brindle and now is a silver brindle. She has changed the most as some colors do more so then others.

Hi, this is my first shih tzu and she is 7 months. When I got her she was mostly brown and I loved her colour. Now she is mostly a light tan with some black and her ears are orange. Her mom was white and her dad was black and brown. Pennypal

Shih Tzu
Shih Tzu Breed Information and Photos
Pets Dogs Dog Breeds Shih TzuApril 7, 2006
Shih Tzu laying on belly with chin on the ground looking at the camera.
House Training a Shih Tzu
Working with Dark Colored Yarns
Working with Dark Colored Yarns
closeup of puppy
Shih Tzu Mix Photos
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
🎉
🎄