Mold on a Tablecloth

I had a New Year's Eve party and l did not wash straight away because it was raining for a few days so my cotton tablecloth with a design on it now has mould on it. Mainly where the food was. l do not want to bleach, it it will ruin it. What can l do? Our weather here is pretty hot and steamy with high humidity.

Thanks for your help,
Denholm from Brisbane Queensland, Australia

We always soaked the place in vinegar, then washed it, since vinegar is good for mild. If you have a green grassy spot and a sunshiny day, be sure ti remember the poem we learned as kids:

Queen Anne, Queen Anne,

has washed her lace;

she chose a sunny day;

and layed it in a grassy spot,

to brighten, if it may.

Queen Annes' lace is a flower, a crochet pattern, and a cure for stained articles - something about the oxydation process from the green grass- all I know is that it works!

January 25, 2007 Flag

Can anyone tell me how to get mold out of colored cloth? A pumpkin molded on my blue table cloth.

Mold on Colored Tablecloth

Hi Zabel,

Personally, I would try a product called Greased Lightning. It's a degreaser, but also removes mold and mildew. Even if it doesn't work for your tablecloth, it's a fantastic degreaser for all over the house. I've been very impressed with it.

You can get it at some grocery stores and the big box stores like Home Depot and Lowe's.

Good luck, (11/28/2004)

By Newt

Home and Garden Cleaning Linens and BlanketsJanuary 25, 2007
Tablecloth Dress
Making a Tablecloth Dress
Preventing Mold On Berries, Moldy Strawberry
Preventing Mold On Fresh Berries
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Picture of garden mulch.
Getting Rid of Mold on Mulch