Transferring Cellphone Information

My sister dropped her new cell phone in my Icee. She totally fried it. All you have to do to fix it is simply buy a new or used phone, depending if you are high in money or whatever. You just get your cell phone, open your battery in the back and take out your memory card, and put it in the other phone. It is fast and easy. And your parents will never know what happened. Haha, just kidding about the parent thing. But it really does work.

By Rachel from San Antonio, Texas

Editors Note: You need to make sure that you purchase a cell phone activated for the same network. For example, if you have T-Mobile, you need to get a T-Mobile phone. There are ways to change cellphones to different networks but this is a much more difficult proposition.

If you have a Verizon mobile phone, take the new phone and old phone in to any corporate store (not a franchise storefront), where an employee using a dedicated piece of equipment that automatically transfers all stored phone numbers to your new phone.

Because of identity theft in many of the new cell phones, there are no SIM cards so transferring the information isn't as easy as it used to be. Some phones do 'beam to beam', which is easy for those techies out there. Otherwise, you will need to input the # in the old fashioned way!

I recently got my cell phone wet and THOUGHT it was fried but I took the battery out and let them both sit in the sun for a little bit. They both dried out and then my phone worked fine. Just a suggestion to try this before running to get a new phone.

I sent my phone to www.cellulardr.com and they were able to extract and print out my cellphone phonebook contacts. They also extracted my pictures and videos and burned them on a CD and sent it to me. I would highly recommend them.

Home and Garden Repair Electronics (Small) CellphonesJuly 10, 2007
Woman holding a cell phone.
Switching from Cell Phone Contract to Prepaid
charging electronics
Extending the Life of Cellphone and Computer Batteries
Calling 911 With Cell Phone
Using Your Cellphone in An Emergency
Credit Report
Providing Information to a Credit Bureau
🎄