"Family Bucks" for After Christmas Sales

One of my kids favorite presents is "Family Bucks" to spend at the after-Christmas sales. (I make up phoney money on the computer and personalize them with our name). This keeps me from having to give them real money, and I can pay for their selections with mine instead of doing a separate transaction.

An added benefit is that it puts a limit on how much they ask us to buy for them. Each item is carefully considered when it is coming from their own pocket!

By Yvonne from North Carolina

What a great idea, could you tell me how you do the money on your computer, would love to do this for my grandkids.

I downloaded a picture of real money and then put an 'M' over George Washington's picture.

Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts FrugalJanuary 5, 2006
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
A woman pushing a cart of presents.
Shopping After Christmas Sales
Shoppers at Holiday Clearance Sale
Shopping Holiday Clearance Sales