Russian Dressing Chicken

• 6 or 8 chicken breasts
  • 1 (8 oz.) bottle Kraft Russian dressing
  • 1 medium jar apricot preserves
  • 1 pkg. Lipton onion soup mix
  • garlic salt

In a medium bowl, mix dressing, preserves and soup mix together well. In a 9x13 inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, pour dressing mix over raw chicken, sprinkled with garlic salt. Bake for 1 hour (covered with foil the 1st 1/2 hour, then uncover, baste. Leave uncovered for the last 1/2 hour of baking.

By Terri

I've been using this wonderful recipe in the last 30 years. It's always so good!!! I serve it with Minute Rice and cut green beans. The garlic salt addition is new to me, and I love the garlic taste, so I will try that next time I make the chicken dish.

at what temperature do you bake this dish at?

I usually bake it at 325 degrees for about 40 minutes covered, then uncover and baste the sauce. Then cook again uncovered for another 20-25 minutes. You might have to add a little water so the sauce doesn't dry out.

Hi Terri,

I have been using this recipe, except, I have been using it on Chicken Wings, I'll have to try it on the boneless chicken cutlets. It must taste as good on the cutlets as it does on the wings.

Thank you for the recipe. I never thought of using it on the cutlets, always the Chicken Wings, my older son loves them.

Hey I was wondering if someone was still able to find Kraft Russian Dressing I love using it for taco salad and now it is not available anywhere near me!? Help! Thank You

I cannot find Kraft either, but I did find Ken's and it was delicious.

This recipe sounds so tasty, and it gives me the chance to finally use my Kraft Russian Dressing bottle I bought a year ago but never opened!

box of Lipton Onion Soup mix
Recipes Using Lipton Soup Mix
Food and Recipes Recipes PoultryMay 8, 2007
Russian Tea
Russian Tea Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume