Finding Studs in Your Wall

Did you know that an old and tired electric razor works as a stud finder? I bought a wed/dry electric razor at a garage sale a couple years ago and was not able to refurbish it. Now I put it to use as a stud finder. I gently slide it across the wall and the sound produced by the razor on the wall clearly changes when it encounters a stud.

A lot of razors that no longer are effective for shaving will work as stud finders! One thing to note, the razor I use doesn't scratch or harm the wall or paint, but there are a lot of different kinds of razors so you may want to test it an out of sight place first.

Woman Holding Stud Finder to Wall
Finding Studs in a Wall
Home and Garden Home Improvement Helpful HintsMay 10, 2004
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
A wall poster rolled up in a cardboard tube.
Uses for Wall Posters
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals