T-Shirts for a Navy Homecoming

My son, a US sailor, was deployed for 7 months. These are the shirts I made for his nieces and nephews to wear to his homecoming . I used sharpie markers to write Freedom in bubble letters on front then used cheap crayons to color them in. If you iron the colored area covered with a sheet of paper, it will stay in cloth. Under that I put

"Thank My Uncle David And

The US Navy"

The back has a US flag and a list of all the countries he went to.

By Randa from San Marcos TX

T-Shirts For Navy Homecoming

You are so smart!!! That is a wonderful idea - wish you could market them. I know that your son was overjoyed when he saw what you'd done. Thanks for sharing your marvelous idea and God bless you.

What I did for my son who was in the Navy for 22+ years upon his retirement. I save every t-shirt and sweatshirt he ever purchased me, I then cut them into squares as close in size as possible and made a quilt for him as a keep sake. Most of the t-shirts were of the ships he was on and some had the Navy Goat on them, needless to say he was very moved by it. Plus from one sweatshirt that I like the most I made him a feather pillow out of it. He love it.

Thank you, David!

As a military spouse who has met many a ship at the pier on Homecoming Day after a long deployment, I can tell you that these shirts were surely the hit of the day! Very creative and clever, and certainly appreciated by not only your son, but every sailor and family in attendance! Thank you for sharing your son for freedom's cause, and a big thank you hug for David, too!

Crafts Clothing ShirtsJune 10, 2008
3 girls at a homecoming dance.
Homecoming Dance Ideas
A girl wearing a homecoming dress.
Saying Yes to a Homecoming Dance Invitation
Three girls dressed up at a homecoming dance.
Homecoming Hairstyle and Makeup Ideas
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
🎄
🍂