Freezing Bagels

When you have more bagels than you can use right away, the freezer is a good place to store them. This guide is about freezing bagels.

Question: Freezing Bagels

Can I freeze bread, bagels, etc? If yes, for how long?

Thank You,
Laura from Hemet, CA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answers

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

August 2, 2006Best Answer

Hi, if I remember correctly when freezing breads they stay fine for about 3 months. Though to make sure they still taste nice you should wrap each one in foil. If not then you should double bag them.

I double bag bagels and on Italian bread or French bread I wrap in foil first then bag them. It works great.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

August 2, 2006Best Answer

I freeze mine in a paper grocery bag, and tape it shut. Have frozen it for up to two months, sometimes. Bagels the same. I've found that it works better to thaw them in the fridge, otherwise they sometimes get soggy if the weather is warm.

Jean from MI

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

August 3, 2006Best Answer

I freeze bagels (I split them first) in freezer ziplock bags. I have kept them for at least 6 months. When I want one, I put it in my toaster oven, toast it or put toaster on "light" and half way through turn off toaster oven and let it sit for a minute or two and it is thawed. I can't get good bagels where I live, so I have to stock up when I go visit my children.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

June 12, 2008Best Answer

We freeze our bagels (and many other foods) using a "Reynolds Handi-Vac". This little machine vacuum seals the bagels in a plastic bag and sucks out the air thus preventing freezer burn and spoilage for months. Take them out, thaw them and they are as fresh as the day you froze them.The Handi-Vac runs about $18.00 and is small enough to fit in your hand.

We use it for meats, etc. also.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

A variety of bagels.
Food and Recipes Freezing Baked GoodsMay 2, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Bagels
Storing Bagels
Freezing Artichokes, Storing Artichokes, Canning Artichokes
Freezing Artichokes
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
Bagel with smoked salmon.
Recipes Using Bagels
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2016 at 2:35:09 AM on 10.0.2.234 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings