Freezing Bagels

When you have more bagels than you can use right away, the freezer is a good place to store them. This guide is about freezing bagels.

A variety of bagels.

Can I freeze bread, bagels, etc? If yes, for how long?

Thank You,
Laura from Hemet, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Hi, if I remember correctly when freezing breads they stay fine for about 3 months. Though to make sure they still taste nice you should wrap each one in foil. If not then you should double bag them.

I double bag bagels and on Italian bread or French bread I wrap in foil first then bag them. It works great.

Best Answer

I freeze mine in a paper grocery bag, and tape it shut. Have frozen it for up to two months, sometimes. Bagels the same. I've found that it works better to thaw them in the fridge, otherwise they sometimes get soggy if the weather is warm.

Jean from MI

Best Answer

I freeze bagels (I split them first) in freezer ziplock bags. I have kept them for at least 6 months. When I want one, I put it in my toaster oven, toast it or put toaster on "light" and half way through turn off toaster oven and let it sit for a minute or two and it is thawed. I can't get good bagels where I live, so I have to stock up when I go visit my children.

Best Answer

We freeze our bagels (and many other foods) using a "Reynolds Handi-Vac". This little machine vacuum seals the bagels in a plastic bag and sucks out the air thus preventing freezer burn and spoilage for months. Take them out, thaw them and they are as fresh as the day you froze them.The Handi-Vac runs about $18.00 and is small enough to fit in your hand.

We use it for meats, etc. also.

Read More Answers...
Food and Recipes Freezing Baked GoodsMay 2, 2013
Bagels
Storing Bagels
Freezing Artichokes, Storing Artichokes, Canning Artichokes
Freezing Artichokes
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
Bagel with smoked salmon.
Recipes Using Bagels
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 21, 2016 at 6:34:59 PM on 10.0.1.227 in 263 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.