Removing Dog Smell

How do you remove dog smell from house and dog?

Mary from Miami, FL

Febreeze has become my best friend in the house. I also vaccum on a daily basis and use the No-Vacuum Carpet foam. On my dog, I use a spray by Hartz made for removing doggie smells. Crazy Dog also makes a great grooming spray. Maybe once a month you could take your pup to the groomers? If that gets too expensive, get a nice scented shampoo and bathe her/him monthly. Make sure they are well dried before letting them loose in the house or outside.

Regular bathing is the most obvious thing to keep doggy odours to a minimum but here's something to try between cleans:

Sprinkle bicarb soda on your dog eg. along their back, leave it for a few minutes and then brush their fur. It will absorb odours and leave them smelling fresher.

You can also do this for your carpet/sofa - sprinkle bicarb soda on your carpets and leave for a few hours or overnight and then vaccuum it all up. It will leave your home smelling clean.

It would probably work on the dog's bedding as well.

I have 4 dogs, one being a ten week old puppy and a home daycare and EVERYONE asks me why my house doesn't smell like dogs. Well, I bathe them monthly, keep the couches and chairs covered with sheets, blankets, or comforters and wash them every other day, change my bed twice a week and vacuum daily. I only vacuum daily because of the daycare. If the smell is already in your carpet, you may need to have them professionally cleaned one time and then you can keep it up yourself. My dogs are inside dogs, but go outside too. I have quite a bit to launder, but it's worth it for my precious ones!

Good luck!

Even though Dobies do not have an odor, I take them to a groomer for regular baths, plus I wash their beds and quilts every week in Lavender Tide. I also sprinkle baking soda on my rugs before I vacuum.

No problem here!

Jennifer

Northern Virginia

HOW DO YOU GET THE SMELL OFF OF YOUR TILE FLOORS. SHE HANGS A SHOWER LINER OVER HER BED, AND LETS THEM PEE. I COULD JUST DIE.... HELP

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsAugust 21, 2007
Basket of musty smelling clothing.
Removing Musty Smell from Clothing
big cat in a car
Removing Cat Urine Smell From Car Interior
Old Stained Book Laying Open
Removing Musty Smell from Books
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
🎄