Travel Insurance When You Leave the Country

We traveled to Hawaii for our 25th in 2000 by cruising from Vancouver, B.C. Our travel agent made all the arrangements and I would highly recommend going that way. If you do it on your own, you have no travel insurance for cancellation in case you cannot travel, you have no insurance for sickness and one never knows when they will need that. Your health provider will not pick up the costs for sickness and that is very costly to be sure. You need extra insurance for sickness anytime you leave your own country.

We have traveled on 3 cruise ships, did a Bus tour through Europe of 12 countries and just came back from S. Wales and Northern Germany. Every time we had that extra insurance just to be sure we are not caught with large medical expenses. "Be on the safe side" It's not worth the hassle by going cheap on the web. Your travel agent will get you the best possible rates, that is what they are in the business for not to mention they know all the ins and outs that can happen.

By Betty-Lynn from Dryden, Ont Canada

In the UK, we buy our travel insurance independently from travel agents. By shopping around, it's possible to get a much better deal. It's amazing the difference in quotes. But, I agree; never cut corners on insurance; it could cost you dear in the end.

It is not necessary to go to a travel agent to get travel insurance for medical reasons. You can get that from many different sources; I have a group plan that is excellent because I am a retired teacher. I do book trip cancellation insurance with a travel agent, but you can get it from other places - CAA I think, for one. However, if you have a travel agent that you work with, they often will get you the best deals on flights and insurance.

Travel Insurance Form
Buying Travel Insurance
Budget & Finance AdviceMarch 5, 2010
Planning for International Travel, Coliseum at Night
Planning for International Travel
Saving Money on Health Insurance, Health Insurance Paperwork
Saving Money on Health Insurance
African baby in a t-shirt.
Adopting a Child from a Foreign Country