Low Carb Recipes and Tips

I was wondering what some of your favorite low-carb recipes are? Thanks.

Tammy from MO

First of all, Ketosis is not malnutrition. It is simply the burning of fat. In a normal, otherwise healthy individual (for ex., not diabetic), it is not a problem, and is a good sign that you're burning fat.

www.lowcarbcafe.com has some great recipes.

It is funny how as much as conventional nutritionists want to malign the low carb diets, studies keep proving it is the one type of diet with a fairly good long-term success rate. I don't think anyone would advocate a fat free-for-all; (except for the ketogenic diet for neurolical problems) but a diet rich in lean proteins, low-starch veggies, and a limited number of carbs from grains can be a healthy and successful way to lose weight.

You need to think of just trying to eat veggies and low-fat proteins, and not go overboard on the fats--that's still not good for you! Try reading about the South Beach Diet--it's low carb, but you still avoid the bad fats and you eat low-carb whole grains, veggies, and eggs, plus lean proteins. The diet was made up by a Cardiologist, so I think it's way more healthy than the standard diets.

I lost nearly 30 lbs doing it, and I've kept it mostly off for years--but more than that, I try to avoid the white flours/noodles/potatoes/processed foods that are so normal to American diets, and my triglycerides and cholesterol levels are normal and healthy.

Good job dieting, by the way!

If you're missing sandwiches. Try Joseph's lavash wrap, has 3 net carbs, lots of protein! You can get it at walmart but the real bargain is at BJ's in the bakery section.

My newest fav low carb is chicken wings; dip the wings in melted butter

roll in Parmesan cheese and spices that you enjoy (I use garlic, pepper and cajun). ou better line your pan with foil. It is pretty messy!

bake @ 350 for 45 min...and pig out! Even the kids love them (you can also do this with boneless chicken strips).

A woman eating a salad.
Low Carb Diet Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceNovember 7, 2008
Low Carb Pizza
Low Carb Pizza Recipes
low salt recipes
Low Sodium Recipes
Protein Powder
Low Carb Low Protein Powder for Breakfast Shakes
Fresh Salad
Diabetic Recipes
🎉
🎄