RecipesMothers Day

Recipes For A Mother's Day Brunch

I want to have a mother's day brunch. I was wondering if you guys have any good, and easy recipes? Thanks, in advance.

Danielle from Pa

Here is a great make-ahead and economical recipe for a brunch or breakfast. I like to make this the night before holidays(Christmas Eve, night before Thanksgiving, Easter ever, etc.) so that it frees up my time on the holiday morning.

HOLIDAY EGG CASSEROLE

30 saltine crackers

6 eggs, lightly beaten

6 bacon strips, diced and cooked

2 cups milk

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted

Crumble crackers in and 11x7 baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over carackers. Cover and chill overnight. Remove from refrigerator and led stand at room temp for approx. 30 minutes before baking at 325 for 45 minutes - or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.

Here's another one. I haven't made this, but it is on my list of ones to try sometime soon.

SPICY SAUSAGE CASSEROLE

2 cups cooked rice

1 lb bulk pork sausage, cooked

1 can (6 oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained

4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese

1 1/2 cups cooked broccoli

In 2 quart casserole dish, layer rice, sausage, water chestnuts, 1 cup cheese, broccoli and then remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

***I would microwave the sausage casserole for about 15 minutes while the egg casserole was finishing. Then when I took the egg casserole out of the oven, I would turn the oven up to 375 and let the sausage casserole cook for 10 minutes. That way it has browned in the oven, but you don't have to worry about the two different oven temps. Both of these recipes are from a Reiman cookbook called Cookin Up Country Breakfasts. If you can find a copy, it is well worth the small investment - mine was around ten dollars. Hope these help.

Why not have a tea? Refreshments can be light: egg salad sandwiches, cucumber sandwiches, cookies, chips, mints. Add coffee and one or two teas and you're done! And so easy to do! You can find recipes for these tea sandwiches and many others on the internet. Try Cooks.com.

Here is an easy chicken salad recipe that can be doubled or more. I made it for a potluck at my senior building and got raves for it. The original recipe came from an old airline cook book.

3 cups cooked chicken

1 tbsp chopped onion

1 tsp salt

2 tbsp lemon juice

1 cup chopped celery

1 cup grapes, cut in half

1/3 cup mayo

1 can mandarin oranges, drained

Combine first five ingredients and refrigerate or 2-3 hours. Just before serving, add remaining ingredients and mix. Original recipe calls for 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted. I did not use them cause some people here can't have nuts. Original recipe also called for sliced olives.

I'm 13 years old & my mom has three kids, I need a DIY or reciepe that i can do to make her feel really special. She means the world to me & sometimes I don't really show her that. She works, goes to school,& takes care of all of us at the same time!!! Please help me make my mom's Mother's Day special!!!! Anything will do!!! THANKS A BUNCH!!!!

HEATHER

Hi Heather,

We put this in as a new request:

http://www.thri  f293337.tip.html

Check there for answers.