Recipes Using Pop Tarts

Please, I need some suggestions. I bought 2 packs of Kellogg's chocolate Pop Tarts for my family's breakfast and we all hate them! Since they are imported to my country, they are more than double what you would pay for them in the U.S. I'm loath to throw them away. Does anyone have some suggestions how I can use them in another recipe or "hide" them in something else? By the way, we all love the strawberry flavor, it's the chocolate ones we don't like! They taste really odd, nothing like chocolate and they are not out of date. (Their expiration date is April 2011.)

By Cettina from Malta, Europe

You can freeze them, and eat them frozen. You can also break them up and add them to ice cream, or yogurt. Hope this helps.

Thanks almansgirl. What a good idea to put them in ice cream instead of the normal chocolate cookies that I usually put. Hopefully they wont taste so bad in the ice cream.

Oh Cett! My heart breaks for you for certain! Perhaps you could chop them up and add little bits of them in cereal or granola?

How about mashing them up and adding to oatmeal or a cookie batter? Just rememeber to omit a little flour.

Actually I never knew anyone except children who liked the chocolate ones. I think to use them up you might put ice cream on them.

That's funny, the chocolate ones are the only one's I like! I don't usually buy any pop tarts for my family because they are so unhealthy, but will occasionally get them for treats. We like the chocolate ones cold, nobody likes them hot. They are also good with ice cream,as Deeli suggested, just break them up & use them as a topping. It's sort of like a brownie sundae.

BTW, if the expiration date is April 2011, they are not out of date yet. But if they are dry & hard (or crunchy), they might be kind of old,in which case you might warm them up to soften them before putting ice cream on them.

Thank you! Thank you! what a great group you are! How do I use them as a topping? Do they actually melt in the microwave? And I love the idea of chopping them up and adding to another cereal. I'm sure my kids won't notice if they are tiny enough. What great ideas!

How about chopping them and adding to brownies? Or use with chocolate cream pie, adding a chopped layer to the crust then putting the pudding on it.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts DessertsJanuary 7, 2011
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
Cheese Tart Recipes
Cheese Tart Recipes
🎄
🍂