Wedding Cake for a Morning Wedding?

I'm getting married Oct 2. It is a mid-morning wedding with breakfast and brunch being served. My fiance would still like a wedding cake, but I'm stumped as to what kind to get? What is appropriate for a morning reception?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Honey, it's your wedding, get what ever kind of cake you would like. A brunch still needs sweets, indeed a dessert. I think a traditional wedding cake would be beautiful, and if it were me, esp if my intended was showing that much interest, I'd throw in a groom's cake too (chocolate, yum!)!! My wedding cake - almost 30yrs ago now - was my biggest disappointment. Met w/the caterer, agreed on a lovely cake, and it did indeed look beautiful. She never mentioned and little did I know that she baked the layers in advance and froze them, and then when assembling the cake to encourage moistness, used coconut in the icing between the layers. I HATE coconut! So, please be sure and get all the particulars down before the big day so you can relax and soak up all the wonderful proceedings on the 2nd. And God's blessings for many long and blissful years together!!!

Any cake is ok. It's your wedding!

A friend of mine who makes cakes for special occasions says that she always freezes the cake layers to make them more moist. I thought she might have been putting pudding in the mix, but she wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary.

Perhaps you could ask for the caterer to give you a sample to taste.

Also, that custom to freeze the top most part to eat a year later. Not a good idea. It tastes weird. Maybe you can have a 3 mo. anniversary celebration with it.

You might want to consider a cupcake cake. They are very nice and your guests can take them if they feel it's too early to eat cake (I can't imagine). I've seen a cake for the bride and groom to cut and then matching cupcakes for the guests. Very elegant and practical!

GET CAKE, yum. I had a local coffee shop make my cake it turned out the owners flew to belgium to get their chocolates. It was Valentine's Day and we had two touching heart shaped cakes with white chocolate glaze, frostings ohh so rich and good. A year later it tasted just as good. Use tupperware it

keeps flavor. Turned out the little coffee shop went on to win BEST PASTRY Shop found in San Diego, CA.

Have a happy day and lovely marriage.

You could have a cheesecake or a coffee cake.

Jocelyn in NL Canada

me again(Jocelyn)

You could also do a doughnut tree stack doughnuts on top of each other

Jocelyn in NL Canada

I know this is a late posting, but I wanted to add my two cents' worth for others who might be in this situation! If you want a traditional wedding cake, carrot cake might be a nice accompaniment to coffee and other brunch-style foods.

Or, you might consider renting a cascade-style wedding cake stand and placing different flavors of round coffee cakes or collections of muffins together on each support, surrounded by fruit.

I am getting married in October also...early afternoon. We are having a pink champagne cake! That would be perfect for your brunch reception. Congrats!

Weddings Wedding CakeSeptember 13, 2005
Blue and pinkish purple morning glory blooms.
Getting Rid of Morning Glory
Pregnant woman with morning sickness near bathroom sink
Morning Sickness Remedies
Two tiered wedding cake with flowers on top.
Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors