CoffeeBeverages

Make Your Own Iced Coffee

How do I make my own iced coffee?

By kf4tqj from NE AL

Dissolve a large spoonful of instant coffee in a small amount of hot water. Add sweetener or sugar to taste. Top up with iced water and an ice-cube or two. Add a dollop of whipped cream (or substitute Cool Whip) and a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Sprinkle with powdered or flaked chocolate if desired.

For a gourmet version, brew your own coffee from coffee beans, cool, then add rest of the ingredients as above (excluding instant coffee). You can also add other flavourings such as 1/2 tspoon of vanilla ot other essence, or a dash of liqueur or brandy.

Brenda from Oz

Boy do I have a recipe for you! www.SouthernPlate.com This is a southern gal from Alabama who can really cook !

She has a recipe for the best iced coffee in the world. There is also a recipe for making Sweet Tea. Some folks don't know how to do this. And there is a recipe there for real Banana Pudding !! The cooked kind that our mamaws and mamas used to make. Yum Yum! Just go to this site, you'll find a whole lot of recipes that you will really need to make !!

I do not like sugar in my hot or iced coffee. For iced coffee, I use Taster's Choice instant -- one heaping teaspoon of instant in an 8 ounce cup of hot water. I then pour that over a 20 ounce glass full of ice and add skim or 1% milk to taste and water to fill (if needed). I love half and half in hot coffee but skimmed or 1% in my iced. Half and half or cream seems to leave a coat of cream on my tongue where skim milk doesn't. Skim milk also seems a lot colder (to me) than cream in iced coffee.

I either make a double shot of Espresso for my iced coffee or use leftover cooled coffee.

When I use the Espresso, I pour it over ice into a large iced coffee cup from McDonalds. I add two packages of Splenda and fill the cup with skim milk, sugar free Coffee Mate, or half and half or a combination of two of them! It beats any of the Starbucks or Dunkin Doughnuts iced lattes, for price or taste!

My SO who claimed he didn't like iced coffee asks for this, now!

Like iced coffee? In the morning when you make regular perk coffee make a larger amount and when it cools off place in a pitcher and refrigerate. Much cheaper than going to Dunkin Donuts or a similar place. Happy drinking.

By joesgirl

Answers:

Make Your Own Iced Coffee

Another suggestion to go with the iced coffee. Pour the perked coffee into ice cube trays to make cubes for the coffee. Better than watering it down with normal ice cubes.

iterpy (10/21/2008)

By iterpy