Causes of Bloating and Gas

Lately I've been getting really bad bloating and gas. I have not changed my diet and everything I try does not help. Does anyone know if there are any medical reasons for this symptom?

By RJW from GA

I would log onto www.webmd.com and find out from doctors, not us. To help in the mean time however, drink some very cold sugar water. Sugar is the main ingredient in beano, gasex, etc. It helps break up the gas bubbles.

You didn't mention your age. I can't eat things now that I could just five years ago, so take that into consideration. Also, are you drinking a lot of carbonated beverages? If you are, shake some salt in the top when the fizzing goes down. That will make it fiz again and takes out the carbonation. I hope these help.

It could be a hernia; happened to a friend of mine. This is something that a doctor would have to check and then decide what to do about (operate or whatever). Good luck!

Pumpkins seeds really help get rid of bloating but you also need to look at the cause. Make sure you stop drinking fizzy and sugary drinks. I wouldn't add salt to sodas because it only makes them more unhealthy.

Also avoid fatty foods. Try drinking lots of water before and after eating and limit it somewhat while eating. People sometimes swallow lots of air if eating and drinking.

A healthy high veggie diet is best but if you encounter digestion problems from a quick change in diet, do it gradually.

If you eat beans, search the web for ideas on how to prepare them properly to remove as much of the indigestible sugars as possible. If the diet changes to honestly healthy eating don't work by all means go to a doc...NOT a PA or NP.

I would recommend limiting sugar in the diet first of all. Yeast and other harmful bacteria thrive on it and can cause bloating. Also, everyone would benefit from a bowel cleanse at least once a year. Beyond that, eliminate milk from your diet and if symptoms persist, have your gall bladder checked. Hope these suggestions help.

A cup of peppermint or fennel tea after meals can help aid digestion and cut down on bloating. Stomach problems can be aggravated by stress too, so if you've been feeling uptight lately that might have something to do with it. But as others said you need to treat the cause, not just the symptoms. If it's painful and persistent you might consider seeing a doctor. Hope you feel better!

Bloating can be caused by several medical conditions, and there is no exact way of knowing. Have you considered food allergies? You may be allergic to dairy, wheat (gluten), or corn--which are in most of the foods we eat. I'd read labels on everything and avoid these, one at a time, for at least two weeks each--NO CHEATING. Keep meticulous notes about what you ate and when to see there's a pattern. If you can't figure it out and need to see a doctor, at least you'll be able to rule some things out. It will save you some time and trouble later. Good luck.

See your OB/GYN. This could be something serious!

One more thing, don't take antacids. They make the whole thing worse.

Potential causes of gas & bloating

Gas is a normal byproduct of digestion. It also occurs due to the swallowing of air (aerophagia). Symptoms of gas may be made more frequent or worsened by numerous factors, ranging from diet to everyday habits.

Swallowed air is a frequent cause of gas and comprises most of the gas in the stomach. It may also be passed into the intestines. Some air is swallowed whenever a person eats or drinks. Gulping food quickly will cause more air to be swallowed. Other ways air is swallowed include:

There's more info, search for"Causes of Bloating and Gas", good luck.

Constipation causes bloating and gas. Be sure to get enough exercise and drink lots of water.

I actually have the same issue and have had numerous test and there is nothing medically wrong. My doctor suggested that I eat more of the fiber foods later in the day; as I have a sit down job. Sitting all day can actually cause the gas to "get stuck" for lack of a better term. The doctor also told me that Beano before eating, GasX and Phazyme after (which works best for me) will not have any adverse affects when taken regularly. It's working so far but I still have days where EVERYTHING bothers me. I was also told to drink more fluids and I have started walking at lunchtime. I does help.

Walmart has generic Beano right next to Beano. It is the Equate brand lots cheaper and basically.

the same

Health & Beauty AdviceMarch 27, 2009
Gas Log Fireplace
Gas Log Tips
A girl popping a pimple.
What Causes Acne?
Someone with a bellyache holding onto the stomach.
Homemade Laxatives
gas costs for road travel
Estimating Gas Costs for Road Trips
🎄