Browsing: Having a Good Christmas Without Gifts

No Money for Christmas Gifts

I am a very young disabled woman, 44 and I am on SSI, there is just no extra money at the end of the month. No matter how I work and rework the budget it just isn't there, short of moving to the slums I have no extra. I have a newly married son who is 23 and his wife, I want to be able to give them something for Christmas, but I have no money and Christmas is so commercialized. I know they do not expect anything because of my situation but if anyone could give me some ideas I would really appreciate it. I love them so much and just want to share the holiday with them somehow.

Dana from West Sacramento, CA

Answers

The best gift ever was from someone who wrote me a letter about myself through the giver's eyes. It was very plain--not an attempt to flatter, and not one of lengthy detail. It named things that I had done that were appreciated, and some things I did over and over that defined some character traits. It was written on recycled pieces of paper bags cut with wavy lines with shaded borders and a tiny ribbon holding the "pages" together.

Father and young girl decorating a Christmas tree
Having a Good Christmas Without Gifts
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts FrugalNovember 4, 2008
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
A woman wrapping Christmas gifts.
Christmas Gift Wrapping Tips
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
A couple opening wedding gifts.
Registering for Wedding Gifts
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 2:38:01 PM on 10.0.1.28 in 755 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.