Removing Soap from Carpet

I spilled my hair and body on the carpet. I've tried cleaning it water and then I applied talc overnight but there's now a grey patch on my lovely cream carpet. Any ideas on what I could try next?

By Dee from Herts, England

I'm unsure what the talc was for but that may be the yellow you are seeing. Try plain water again, soak well, and then sop up totally with towels. Best wishes!

I suspect there is still soap in the carpet. If all it is is shampoo, then just water should wash it out. If you can't soak it up, get a wet vac.

Perhaps those Shamwow towels that are advertised on TV will do the trick. Do you get those ads in England? I believe the towels are made in Germany. They are supposed to soak up way more liquids than regular cloth or paper towels.

Not sure why this said soap but its actually hair and body oil. Apologies for the confusion. :o)

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetJanuary 13, 2010
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎄
🍂