Browsing: Cleaning a Shower Curtain

Keep Your Shower Curtain Clear!

I found that if I spray the plastic shower curtain liner about once a week with a tub and tile foam cleaner, it will look almost new. I use the Dow Scrubbing Bubbles - just spray on the inside of the shower liner, wait a couple of minutes and wipe off with a sponge or spray with the shower head. Works great!

By Melna

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I have always taken down my shower curtain and put it in the washing machine. I add a small amount of bleach to kill any germs or possible mildew that cannot yet be seen and only a very small amount of detergent to avoid any chalky soap residue once it is dry. I put it on a gentle cycle and hung over the shower rod to drip dry. It is quick, easy and comes out very clean!

just wondeer if you have hard water and a shower stall, would that scrubbing bubbles work on that? no rust???????

Another way to clean your shower curtain is to spray it with witch's brew( equal parts simple Green, Orange scented Pine Sol, and water) let it sit for couples minutes and rub your hands together with the shower curtain with the soap sides touching each other then rinse and it's a good idea to cut that bottom sealed seem off all it does is to hold water and grows mold, this will work on your shower stall also, just use a plastic bristle brooms to scrub it down

yes, absolutely...wash it...gentle cycle...clean it up works great

All great ideas! Thanks! Mine needs help, I made the mistake of buying a clear curtain...yikes! Hearts n Hugs to all!

The new silk ones can be thrown in the washer. I keep the rings on. It doesn't hurt a thing. Then I put it back on the rod and it dries. After having a silk one I could never go back to plastic.

My best shower idea ever is to buy a taffeta curtain and just wash on gentle whenever it looks cruddy. Taffeta repels water sufficiently for the longest shower. It is a natural product, either silk or cotton and requires no chemicals to clean it. Think of yourself as an Empress each time you lather. Plastic is passe, and bleach is a pollutant - time to forego the treatments of the last 60 years, and copy our ancestors.

Just like a water softener uses salt, a spray bottle with a saline solution to loosen the gunk on the shower curtain works real good and also thrifty.

Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomJune 11, 2004
Shower Curtain Rod
Uses for Shower Curtain Rods
Shower Curtain
Repairing a Shower Curtain
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 4:50:20 PM on 10.0.2.224 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.