Banana and Cocoa Mush

This is a recent find of mine. I am diabetic and this is a nice sweet treat that is not bad for me! I love it because it's healthy, yummy and quick to make. All you need is a fork and a bowl, so you could make this in your lunch hour. I have thought that I might add some nuts to it next time to for a bit of crunch.

• 1-2 ripe bananas
  • 1/2 tsp. cocoa powder
  • A drip or two of vanilla essence
  • Nuts (optional)

Just peel and mash your ripe bananas in a bowl. The add your cocoa powder. A drip or two of vanilla essence is optional. I thought that I next time I make some I might add some hazelnuts or roughly chopped Brazil nuts for extra vitamins.

I freeze some of them too for a nice 'ice-cream', I use yogurt pots for these and then pop them into ziplock bags.

By Monique63 from Somerset, UK

Thanks a million. This is healthy, sounds delicious and easy. As a diabetic, I will enjoy it.

Why didn't I read this before I threw 2 bananas away? This is great, both my husband and I are diabetic.

That's always the way Tejasridgerunner.

I only like new bananas to eat and dislike them when they become I know what to do with them.

It's so very simple and a delicious chocolately treat without the sugar and calories. I am so pleased to share my tip with you all.

Thanks for leaving comments :)

OK, we love this recipe, but have made a few modifications. I add a heaping tablespoon of Hershey's cocoa per banana. (One banana per serving.) This makes it very dark and chocolatey. I added 1/8 cup pecan pieces per banana. I topped the concoction with Fat Free Cool Whip. This is a great diet recipe. You really feel you are eating something fudgy and decadent. I never have bananas left over now. This works best with the spotted very ripe ones!

Food and Recipes Recipes Dieting DiabeticJuly 23, 2009
powdered cocoa
Storing Cocoa
Banana Split
Making a Banana Split
Sliced banana bread on a cutting board.
Freezing Banana Bread
rectangles of fried mush with garnish
Fried Cornmeal Mush Recipes