Gluing Rhinestones to Fabric

Can someone tell me the best kind of glue to use to attach small rhinestones to fabric? This is an item which will be washed in cold water, if that makes a difference. Thanks.

By ChloeA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You can buy a special glue for gluing gems to fabric. I don't know what it is called and I can't get to it now, because my Christmas tree is in front of the little cabinet that I keep it in. My apartment is crowded. lol

Fabri-Tac Fabric glue. It's sold in craft Stores, Fabric Stores and sometimes at Walmart for around $6. You'll know you have the right one because it's in a clear bottle. I like the way the glue sets up quickly (kind of like hot glue). This is some pretty amazing stuff. Much better than other products!

You won't be wasting your money, this wonderful fabric glue can also be used to hem pants, patch jeans & even attach silk flowers to headbands & many other crafts & gifts.

The reason I'm so fond of this glue is that unlike the other brands, it can be washed in the machine, put in the dryer and even dry-cleaned! Plus, you don't have to hold it for 20 minutes while it sets up, it set up extremely quickly. You won't be disappointed!

* For attaching rhinestones to NON-fabric items (like cell-phones, wood, glass & ceramics) use a clear glue called E-6000. It's great for jewelry repair too!

Crafts FabricDecember 19, 2009
Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
Gluing Glass to Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass
Gluing Puzzles Together
Gluing Puzzles Together
Plastic Headbands
Decorating Plastic Headbands
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 2:24:29 PM on 10.0.0.148 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.