Homemade Aloe Vera Juice

How do you make aloe vera juice?

By Rosie from Dallas, TX

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

December 21, 2010 Flag

Do you have a recipe for aloe vera juice for diabetics? I have a lot of plants, and I would like to make this juice. Thanks. Mary

Mary G.

Answers:

Homemade Aloe Vera Juice

I have just come from my health food shop where they sell aloe vera leaves and plants for making the juice. I have lots in my garden so I want to use them, but get the right advice.

The advice is to take a 5-10 cm leaf and let the brown juice drip out of it for 3 days (this is the laxative part that causes diarrhea). Next slit it in half and keeping away from the leaf scoop out the gel. Mix the gel with lemon juice and whisk in a food processor. Then drink or store as ice cubes for use later.

I haven't drunk it yet as I am waiting for the 3 days to be up. Will keep everyone posted. Meanwhile I looked at other sites and it seems the brown liquid or aloin from the aloe leaf must be removed, as it has extreme laxative effects. (09/17/2009)

By minaret

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 12, 2009 Flag

I am brand new to aloe vera juice and have found it very beneficial. For best results it must be taken everyday. To avoid on going costs I have juiced up 2 large leaves from my pot. I juiced the whole leaf along with water and lemon juice. It tastes terrible, other than causing diarrhea, what are the risks of eating the outside of the leaf as well as the gel?

Leigh from Perth, WA

Answers:

Homemade Aloe Vera Juice

If the aloe plant you have is the soft semi-succulent you use it on burns, etc. Don't eat it. The large thick leaved kind with stickers on the leaves are edible, but only the opaque center under the green of the leaves.

There is one that has a round leaf with stickers or thorn type on the leaves, but the thorn is really short, all of this is very bitter and will produce stomach problems.

Freezing is good with the right plant. You can grow them in pots and pot off the babies or if you are in zone 8 they thrive in sandy areas really well with some mulch. (02/27/2009)

By fuzzytufts

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Jar of Aloe Very Juice surrounded by chopped aloe plant leaves and a wooden spoon holding the gel from the inside of the plant
Homemade Aloe Vera Juice
Health & Beauty Home RemediesDecember 21, 2010
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
An aloe plant in a pot.
Growing Aloe
Woman Using Aloe Vera
Uses for Aloe Vera
green and purple Vera Bradley purse
Cleaning a Vera Bradley Bag
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 9:11:31 AM on 10.0.0.76 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.