Browsing: Making Microwave Heating Pads

Bed Warmers

They are telling us we are going to get our first snow tonight here in Colorado and I was thinking that I needed to do something to warm up our bed to keep us warm at night when we turn down the furnace. So here is what I am going to do. I am going to get some of that polar fleece and make some bed warmers.

Make a square out of polar fleece and fill it with clean kitty litter. These then can be popped into the microwave and put in our bed to warm it up before we get in. Since the kitty litter will hold the heat, it should keep us very warm this winter.

By Debra in CO

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

What a great Christmas present this will be, too! Thanks for a great idea.

You can also use rice as the filler. I have one as well and it works wonderfully!!

Would you add some spices or herbs to your bed warmers and report the effects upon your feet and sleep?

Flax seed as a filler is wonderful, too. If you make an inside "pillow" of muslin, and then use the fleece as a cover, you can wash the fleece cover when needed, and not have to throw away the whole warmer when soiled. Also it makes for easy refilling when the cat litter, rice or stuffing(?) needs refreshed.

http://www.diamondthreadworks.com/microwave_heating_bags.htm

A lady at this site recommends using only field corn for safety reasons. She uses them in a hospital setting. I'm going to make one today for me freezing feet!

i got one old bed warmer i thank that you put hot rocks in

Making a Microwave Heating Rice Pad
Making Microwave Heating Pads
Crafts MiscellaneousNovember 12, 2004
Making Fleece Hand Warmers
Making Fleece Hand Warmers
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
pink heart shaped hand warmer going into pocket
Making Hand Warmers
package with a featherbed topper
Using A Featherbed Topper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 23, 2016 at 2:08:36 PM on 10.0.2.219 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.