Pumpkin for Firmer Stools In Dogs

My year old Scottie has solid stool at first, then it turns to very loose (sometimes diarrhea). I was told to use 100% pumpkin (1 Tbsp. per 50 lbs), WOW it worked like magic. He loved it and this morning his stool was firm and dry.

By Kacy from Granite Bay, CA

I've read it will also help dogs & cats if they are constipated... It also works for hairballs in cats...

AMAZING STUFF!

Yes, it works well but I would check with the vet to rule out a health issue that may be causing the diarrhea.

Sorry but do you mean 1 tbsp of fresh pumpkin added to food or some kind of dried pumpkin? Or 1 Tbsp of pumpkin per 50lb of weight of pet?

Sorry to be a bit dim.

This is a very old, well used method used by dog owners, veterinarians and breeders. Use the solid pack pumpkin.

Hi - this works great - just be sure to get the pure (100%) pumpkin as suggested and not the pumpkin pie filling.

I find mine in cans and after opening I transfer remains to a container and refrigerate.

pug looking sad.
Dog With Soft Stool
Pets HealthDecember 19, 2008
Pumpkin Patch
Pumpkin Patch Locations
Pumpkin Cream Pie Recipes
Pumpkin Cream Pie Recipes
Pumpkin Custard
Pumpkin Custard Recipes
Freezing Pumplin Pies
Freezing Pumpkin Pies
🎄