Battery Operated Clock for Power Outages

Power Outage Tip: Keep at least one battery operated clock in running condition. That way you'll still be on time for work and appointments if the power goes out.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

It might also be a good idea to have an old-fashioned wind-up alarm clock so that you have a way to wake up in the morning....we don't need one in our family as our son always wakes us at 6 am....even on week-ends!

Some radio alarm clocks have a 9 volt batter backup that will last through most power outages (as long as you take the time to stuff a battery in there). Got one of those wind up jobs myself. Always rings too early in the morning though :)

I use my cell phone's alarm clock & keep it close by all the time. We used to use digital clock on our nightstand with the red glaring light. No more of that!

Also keep a battery operated fan or 2 . I find I can cope with darkness easier than no moving air . & I like windup clocks because I like the tic toc sound .

I don't even own an electric clock. Every one of mine are battery powered. That way if I lose power during the nite and have an appointment the next morning, I don't have to worry that my electric clock didn't go off!

The only electric clocks that I have are clock radios and they have battery back up, which I do keep batteries in. Talking about batteries I have an elecric lift chair that requires battery back up and I have a girl friend who has one too, but refuses to put a battery in it. She has told me a couple times that when there has been a power outage when she was reclining she had an awful time getting out of the chair. I would be afraid by the time I got worked forward enough to get my feet on the floor the chair would tip forward, but she is one of these people that do things her way.

Power Outage Supplies
Preparing for a Power Outage
Home and Garden Emergency PreparationSeptember 5, 2007
Jumper Cables
Jump Starting a Car Battery
Purple and Black wrist watch
Replacing a Watch Battery
flashlight in the dark
Emergency Lighting for Power Outages
power outage kitchen
Cooking When the Power Goes Out
🎄