Browsing: Tips for Cleaning Fingernails

Cleaning and Whitening Finger Nails

To clean and whiten finger nails - dip in bleach - wash hands with soap and warm water. Really works.

Editor's Note: This does work but I'd recommend at least a 3 parts water to one part bleach and be careful not to breathe in the fumes.

By C. H. from Jerusalem, Ohio

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

A little safer is Hydrogen peroxide and a cotton swab. I discovered this while whitening my teeth and it dribbled ;)

You can use a whitening pencil sold in the manicure/pedicure section of all drug stores. It is not as pretty, but works in a tight pinch!

Another Very good way to clean nails - will also bleach out colour from old nail polish. Just soak your nails in lemon juice - Real Lemon is fine. This is sasfe, the smell isn't overpowering and it works like a charm

Lemon juice works the same way. It can also be combed thru your hair just before you sit in the sun to help lighten it.

I have also used lemon juice- instead of the bleach- @ 30 seconds to a minute then soap and water.

diluted bleach works pretty well for me. I am a scenic artist at Seaworld and use a lot of earth tone colors. I'm not one for wearing gloves when I am sponging on these colors so my nails usually end up looking pretty nasty. I scrub them with soap and water and when I get home I put a little bleach and water in the sink and soak my fingers for a few seconds. It works.

Woman Cleaning Fingernails
Tips for Cleaning Fingernails
Health & Beauty Beauty Body HandsMarch 10, 2006
Homemade Finger Paint
Homemade Finger Paint
Girl Whitening Her Teeth
Whitening Your Teeth
Mancured Hand Holding Flower petals
Saving Money on Acrylic Nails
Photo of a woman's hands with acrylic nails on.
Applying Acrylic Nails
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 9:54:08 AM on 10.0.1.157 in 904 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.