Keep an Inventory List of Your Freezer Contents

Sometimes when I have leftovers and freeze them to have as a meal for another day, they get lost in my freezer, buried by a loaf of bread or a bag of frozen chicken. One great tip I've found very useful is to make a list of what I put in my freezer and place it on the front of my refrigerator with a magnet. The list is a very helpful reminder of what I have in there and makes it easy to pull out a frozen container of stew for a fast dinner that I may have otherwise forgotten was in there!

Source: Organic Gardening Magazine

By Patricia from Maple Falls, WA

I do this, too. My husband makes fun of me, but it works great, doesn't it? Especially helpful when you don't really know what to have for dinner!

December 27, 2010 Flag

To keep an inventory of food in your freezer, keep a list.

Make a list of the food in your freezer and type into a word processing program on your computer. Remember to use a print that is easy to read; Times News Roman is an easy to read print. Don't forget to save the file in case you need to print another one out. Or you can hand write the list.

You may want to make a list of the foods in categories or in alphabetical order. Print this out and attach it to a corkboard. You can hang the corkboard near or on your freezer. Or place it on a hard surface and lean it on the wall.

For every package of frozen foods, stick one straight pin for each package next to the printed item. Remove or add as needed. Use craft straight pins, the ones with the different color heads.

Initially this may take a bit of time to create, but it will be easier to keep track of the food in your freezer.

I also do this to keep track of my packages of aluminum foil, various sized plastic bags, wax paper, plastic wrap, etc. I stock up on these items when they are on sale.

By mkymlp from NE PA

Brill idea! I'll try this - comic sans is a lovely clear font - very easy to read. (12/06/2009)

By PacoPuddy

November 4, 2009 Flag

Keep a dry-erase board near your freezer. Whenever you add something to the freezer, add it to the board. Erase what you take out. This system helps prevent waste and ensures that you know at a glance what you have stored. No more forgotten, five-year-old packages of hamburger!

By Stephanie from Anchorage, AK

Organizing Your Cross-Top Freezer, Picture of an organized freezer.
Organizing Your Freezer
Food and Recipes Freezing AdviceDecember 28, 2010
Baby Store
Name Ideas for a Baby Store
A woman filling out Christmas cards.
Organizing Your Christmas Card List
Chest Freezer
Chest Freezer Reviews
Creating a Christmas List
Creating a Christmas List