Absorbine Jr. as Bug Repellent

When you're out in the yard working and don't want the mosquitoes to bite, dab on Absorbine Junior behind each ear, on both arms,and below your knees. I cut grass in the evening, that's where the mosquitoes settle and I never get bites. I know it sounds crazy but it works for me. Just try it once.

Source: I read this on the web someplace last year and have been doing it since

By bdon1 from Praireville, LA

Sandy, Sciota, IL, thank you, so much. You are where I got the tip. I have told everyone I know to do this. Thanks Again, Joanie

June 16, 2010 Flag

While babysitting for my 7 year old grand-daughter, I had to make a call to her mama to find out where she kept the Off. She said, "We use Absorbine Jr."

I thought she had lost her mind, but I followed her instructions of two dabs on the back of the neck and a dab at the top of each ear. That's exactly what I used on my grand-daughter, but I thought I needed a dab on each knee and the top of each foot. It kept the bugs away from both of us. Now I just use the three dabs my daughter suggested.

When I went to the big box store to buy my own bottle, they were sold out. I had to go to the drug store (was more expensive there), but I got their last bottle. It works!

By Sandy from Sciota, IL

Answers:

Absorbine Jr. as Bug Repellent

I use Absorbine Jr. on fire ant bites and wasps stings. It stops the stinging quickly. I've also used it on mosquito bites, so it's good to know it also works as a repellent. I'd much rather put it on BEFORE the bite! (07/12/2008)

By Peg from TX

Absorbine Jr. as Bug Repellent

i am so happy to hear about this. I have used everything from garlic juice, avon skin so soft, etc. to the expensive sprays for mosquito repellent. Nothing seems to keep those little biters off of me. So I'm off to the store to find the Absorbine Jr. This might be just the thing that will do it. Thanks for your tip. (07/12/2008)

By Barbara

I live outdoors in Florida....today the bugs and skeeters (zika) were driving me crazy....I found some Absorbine Plus and tried it to repel the bugs. IT WORKED GREAT....so am sharing this discovery...I smell like a barbershop and the girls are attracted to me....human girls...I suggest you dont put it on your genitals though....it even opened up my stuffy nose.....

Home and Garden Pest Control RepellantsJune 16, 2010
Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
Bug Sprayed on Wood Table
Cleaning a Bug Spray Stain on Wood Table
Ladybug on a blade of grass
Lady Bug Photos and Information
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
🎄